TVP - Tworzona z pasją|
TVP - Created with passion
|Headquarters||17 Jan Paweł Woronicz street, Warsaw, Poland|
|Owner||Government of Poland|
|Juliusz Braun (general director)|
Telewizja Polska S.A. (TVP S.A., [ˈtɛ ˈfaw ˈpɛ] Polish Television) is a public broadcasting corporation and the only public broadcaster in the territory of the Republic of Poland. About a third of TVP's income comes from a broadcast receiver licence, while the rest is covered by commercials and sponsorships.
Timeline of the TVP history
- 1935 – The PIT (Państwowy Instytut Telekomunikacyjny - National Telecommunications Institute) starts working together with Polish Radio on establishing the first television service.
- 1937 – Completion of a first black-and-white broadcasting station.
- 1938 – Experimental channel launched, regular programming scheduled for 1941.
- 1939 – All the equipment destroyed by the German Army.
- 1947 – PIT resumes work on television broadcasting.
- 1951 – First Polish telecast after the Second World War.
- 1952 – Beginning of regular programming.
- 1958 – Newscast Dziennik Telewizyjny was founded.
- 1970 – TVP2 was founded.
- 1971 – Start of colour broadcasting (in SECAM).
- 1989 – Introduction of a teletext service.
- 1989 – Dziennik Telewizyjny was replaced by Wiadomości.
- 1992 – Telewizja Polska Spółka Akcyjna comes into existence upon the separation of television and radio public broadcasting by an act of parliament.
- 1993 – Polskie Radio i Telewizja (Polish Radio and Television) joins European Broadcasting Union as an active member (regrouping of OIRT and UER).
- 1995 – The start of moving from SECAM to PAL.
- 2003 – Change of TVP logotype.
- 2009 – New main headquarters building opened in Warsaw.
General and regional channels
- TVP1 - mostly news, current affairs, movies, dramas, and sports. Broadcasts 22 hours per day.
- TVP2 - mostly news, movies, comedy, soap operas, series, stand-up comedy, culture, sports and game shows. Broadcasts 23.5 hours per day.
- TVP Regionalna - region-focused channel, airs local programmes, acts as the umbrella label for local stations such as:
- TVP Białystok in Białystok for Podlaskie region
- TVP Bydgoszcz in Bydgoszcz-Toruń for the Kuyavian-Pomeranian region
- TVP Gdańsk in Trójmiasto for the Pomerania region,
- TVP Gorzów Wielkopolski in Gorzów Wielkopolski for Lubusz region
- TVP Katowice in Katowice (Upper Silesian Metropolis) for Silesian region
- TVP Kielce in Kielce for Holy Cross region
- TVP Kraków for the Lesser Poland region
- TVP Lublin for the Lublin region
- TVP Łódź for the Łódź region
- TVP Olsztyn for Warmia-Masuria region
- TVP Opole for the Opole region
- TVP Poznań for the Greater Poland region
- TVP Rzeszów for the Subcarpathian region
- TVP Szczecin for the West Pomerania
- TVP Warszawa for Warsaw and the Masovia region
- TVP Wrocław for the Lower Silesia region
- TVP1 HD - HD version of TVP1, introduced June 1, 2012
- TVP2 HD - HD version of TVP2, introduced June 1, 2012
- TVP HD - the best productions of TVP in HD. Broadcasts 18 hours per day.
- TVP Sport HD - HD version of TVP Sport, introduced January 12, 2014
- TVP Info - news channel. Broadcasts 24 hours per day.
- TVP Historia - focusing on history. Broadcasts 20 hours per day.
- TVP Kultura - high-brow culture channel, available on cable, satellite and DSL. Broadcasts 21 hours per day.
- TVP Polonia - retransmits selected TVP programming for the Polish diaspora (the so-called Polonia) in the USA, Canada, Latin America, Australia and New Zealand, South Africa, Europe, and the Caucasus. Broadcasts 24 hours per day.
- TVP Rozrywka - focusing on entertainment. Broadcasts 20 hours per day.
- TVP Rozrywka International - focusing on entertainment
- TVP Seriale - focusing on series. Broadcasts 21 hours per day
- TVP Sport - sport channel available on cable, satellite and DSL. Broadcasts 17 hours per day.
- TVP Parlament - parliamentary channel, Broadcasts online.
- TVP ABC - Children's channel. Broadcasts 15 hours per day.
TVP had cooperated with French-German TV network ARTE, until being suspended in February 2009 as TVP's general director, Piotr Farfał, says views were incompatible with Arte’s "philosophy based on intercultural exchange"  and "the party that TVP's chairman is presently connected with does not share European values".
|Channel||Share of total viewing (%)|
- Logo Tp tvp.png
- TVP logo old2.svg
- TVP logo.svg
- 1952–1992 - TP inscription.
- 1992–2003 - Green letter T, red V, blue P, and the word TELEWIZJA POLSKA S.A. and three stripes: red, green and blue. In addition to letters three lines.
- 2003–present - TVP logo and lettering TELEWIZJA POLSKA.
- "Redakcja tvp.pl" (in Polish). TVP S.A. Retrieved 2012-08-19.
- irishtimes.com Libertas to cut links with controversial Polish political party
- variety.com Dual peril for Poland's top pubcaster
- "TVP1, TVN, Polsat i TVP2 mocno w dół w 2013 r. (top 122)". wirtualnemedia.pl. 2 January 2014.
|40x40px||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Telewizja Polska.|
|40x40px||Wikinews has related news: Dzień Otwarty w Telewizji Polskiej pod hasłem „najbliżej gwiazd”|
- Official website Invalid language code.