There are a number of ways to tenderize meat:
- Mechanical tenderization, such as pounding or piercing.
- The tenderization that occurs through cooking, such as braising.
- Tenderizers in the form of naturally occurring enzymes, which can be added to food before cooking.
- Marinating the meat with vinegar, wine, lemon juice, buttermilk or yogurt.
- Brining the meat in a salt solution (brine).
- Dry aging of meat at Script error: No such module "convert"..
- McGee, Harold (2004). ON FOOD AND COOKING, The science and lore of the kitchen. Scribner. p. 155. ISBN 978-0-684-80001-1.
- LAROUSSE Gastronomique. Hamlyn. 2000. p. 1204. ISBN 0-600-60235-4.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.