July 3, 1965|
Newark, New Jersey
|Listed height||Script error: No such module "convert".|
|Listed weight||Script error: No such module "convert".|
|High school||Ewing (Ewing, New Jersey)|
|NBA draft||1987 / Round: 2 / Pick: 42nd overall|
|Selected by the Atlanta Hawks|
|Career highlights and awards|
Terrance Bailey (born July 3, 1965) is a former American basketball player who led NCAA Division I in scoring as a junior in 1985–86. A native of Newark, New Jersey, Bailey played at Wagner College for four years and established himself as one of the Northeast Conference's all-time greatest players.
Bailey played in 110 career games and scored a conference record 2,591 points, nearly 300 more than the next closest player. In his NCAA-leading junior season, he averaged 29.4 points per game, was named the Northeast Conference Player of the Year, an honorable mention All-American and was in his second of an unmatched three consecutive first team all-conference seasons. Bailey once had back-to-back 40 point games and was named Sports Illustrated's Player of the Week. The New York Metropolitan Basketball Writers Association twice named him to their All-Met team, and after his collegiate career ended, he was selected in the second round (42nd overall) in the 1987 NBA Draft by the Atlanta Hawks. Bailey never played in the league, however, and today serves as a pre-school teacher in Trenton.
- List of NCAA Division I men's basketball season scoring leaders
- List of NCAA Division I men's basketball career scoring leaders
- "2010–11 NCAA Men's Basketball Records" (PDF). 2010–11 NCAA Men's Basketball Media Guide. National Collegiate Athletic Association. 2010. Retrieved January 20, 2011.
- "Hall of Fame: Terrance Bailey". Wagner Athletics. 2011. Retrieved January 20, 2011.
- "Atlanta Hawks Draft Choices - Last 20 Years". NBA Media Ventures, LLC. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. Retrieved January 20, 2011.
- "Northeast Conference Announces 25th Anniversary Men’s Basketball Team". northeastconference.org. The Northeast Conference. January 5, 2006. Retrieved January 20, 2011.
- "Terrance Bailey". The Draft Review. Retrieved January 20, 2011.