The digital version of the 15 February 2013 Perth edition of the Courier.
|Format||Tabloid (since 2012, previously broadsheet)|
|Owner(s)||D. C. Thomson & Co.|
|Headquarters||Albert Square, Dundee|
|Circulation||50,539 (Jul–Dec 2013)|
The Courier & Advertiser, more commonly known as simply The Courier, is a tabloid newspaper published by D. C. Thomson & Co. in Dundee, Scotland. As of 2013, it is printed in six regional editions: Dundee, Angus & The Mearns, Fife, West Fife, Perthshire, and Stirlingshire.
Established in 1801 as the Dundee Courier & Argus, the entire front page of The Courier used to contain classified advertisements – a traditional newspaper format for many years. In 1926, during the General Strike The Courier was merged with The Advertiser. From the 10th of May to the 28th of May the paper adopted the headline-news format of The Advertiser, before reverting to its previous format which it maintained until 1992 The next major change to the newspaper came on 21 January 2012, when it changed to a tabloid format, having previously existed as a broadsheet. Editor Richard Neville said the move represented the "dawn of a new era" and that the company was "investing in new sections, increasing content across the title and investing significantly in resources". Just over a year later, a digital version of the newspaper was launched.
- "The Media in Figures: Scots regional newspaper circulations (part one)". 27 February 2014. Retrieved 5 May 2014.
- "Dundee Courier makes move to compact". BBC News. 16 January 2012. Retrieved 5 May 2014.
- "The Courier". British Newspapers Online. Retrieved 5 May 2014.
- Baldwin's Call To The Nation | Dundee Courier | Monday 10 May 1926 | British Newspaper Archive http://www.britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk/viewer/BL/0000567/19260510/001/0001
- Bould, Sarah (16 January 2012). "Second regional Scottish title to go compact". Retrieved 5 May 2014.
- Digitised copies of the Dundee Courier
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found. Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.