The Embassy Visual Effects
The Embassy is a visual effects studio located in Vancouver, Canada. The Embassy is known for its photo-realistic visual effects work on commercials and more recently, features. The studio completed a number of visual effects shots for Marvel Studios, Iron Man and more recently contributed effects to the climactic sequence of the Peter Jackson produced film, District 9. The Embassy's visual effects work on District 9 was nominated for an Academy Award.
The Embassy is most famous for a series of commercials created for French automobile maker, Citroën. The commercials feature a computer generated car which transforms into a robot. The visual effects created for the first Citroën commercial were the subject of a promotional campaign by Apple Inc., promoting the use of its compositing software, Shake.
- "Rising Stars: Ten studios to watch in 2005"
- "Post-production offices surviving dollar's rise"
- "Visual effects industry drawing big films to city"
- "The Embassy VFX Helps Iron Man Save The World"
- "Vancouver visual effects studios manufacture District 9's alien look"
- "Embassy District 9 Work Nominated For Oscar"