The Examiner (Tasmania)
File:Examiner front page.jpg|
|Founded||12 March 1842|
71-75 Paterson Street,|
Launceston, Tasmania, Australia
The Examiner was first published on 12 March 1842, founded by James Aikenhead. The Reverend John West was instrumental in establishing the newspaper and was the first editorial writer. At first it was a weekly publication (Saturdays). The Examiner expanded to Wednesdays six months later. In 1853, the paper was changed to tri-weekly (Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays), and first began daily publication on 10 April 1866. This frequency lasted until 16 February the next year. Tri-weekly publication then resumed and continued until 21 December 1877 when the daily paper returned. The Weekly Courier was published by the company from 1901 to 1935. Another weekly paper (evening) The Saturday Evening Express was published between 1924 and 1984 when it transformed into The Sunday Examiner a title which continues to this day.
The current editor is Martin Gilmour.
- "Mark Baker appointed editor of The Examiner". The Examiner. 12 December 2014. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- Contact Us
- Roy Morgan Readership estimates for Australia for the 12 months to September 2008, Roy Morgan Research
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.