|Associated acts||The Beach Boys|
Steve Fataar (1963–1970)|
Brother Fataar (1963–1970)
Ricky Fataar (1964–1970)
Baby Duval (1967)
Blondie Chaplin (1967–1970)
The Flames was a musical group from Durban in South Africa. The band was originally formed in 1963 by guitarist Steve Fataar, bassist Brother Fataar (real name Edries Fataar), drummer George Faber and guitarist Eugene Champion. However, this line-up would only be together to record a couple of songs. Ricky Fataar replaced George Faber as the band's drummer around 1964 and Edries Fredericks replaced Eugene Champion as the guitarist. Baby Duval briefly replaced Edries Fredericks in 1967, although it is unclear whether he was involved in any of the recordings that were released. Blondie Chaplin then replaced Baby Duval in 1967. This was to be the line-up from 1967 until their demise as a group in 1970.
Steve Fataar has confirmed that Baby Duval is featured as a performer on the Flames second album That's Enough, which was released in early 1967.
- Ummm! Ummm! Oh Yeah!!! (1965)
- That's Enough (1967)
- Burning Soul! (1967)
- Soul Meeting!! (1968)
- Soulfire!! (1968)
- For Your Precious Love (1968 version of the song written by Arthur Brooks, Richard Brooks and Jerry Butler, and performed by Jerry Butler and The Impressions in 1958)
- Ball of Flames (1970)
- The Flame (1970)
- Burning Soul!/Soulfire (CD 2010)
- Jackson, Leon. [[[:Template:Allmusic]] "The Flames"]. Allmusic. Retrieved 2013-06-19.
- The Flames – Soulfire!! South Africa’s soul super group | Soul Safari
- Bush, John. [[[:Template:Allmusic]] "The Beach Boys"]. Allmusic. Retrieved 2013-06-19.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found. Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.