The Heart's Cry
|The Heart's Cry|
|Directed by||Idrissa Ouedraogo|
|Music by||Henri Texier|
|Edited by||Luc Barnier|
Venice Film Festival:|
April 5, 1995
Moctar is a young boy who, although born in France, has grown up in Mali. At the age of eleven, he moves with his family to live in Paris. Moctar struggles to adjust to life in France, and is homesick for Africa. He begins to see visions of a hyena in the street. When he tells people, nobody believes him. He is laughed at by his schoolmates and sent to the school psychologist. He meets a man in the street called Paulo who helps Moctar to understand his visions.
- Richard Bohringer as Paulo
- Saïd Diarra as Moctar
- Félicité Wouassi as Saffi
- Alex Descas as Ibrahim Sow
- Clémentine Célarié as Deborah
- Jean-Yves Gautier as Paul Guerin
- Cheik Doukouré as Mamadou
- Adama Ouédraogo as Adama
- Ginette Fabet as Firmine
- Adama Kouyaté as Grandfather
- Valérie Gil as Miss Romand
- Grégoire Le Du as Olivier
It won the OCIC Award - Honorable Mention at the 1994 Venice Film Festival.
- Brennan, Sandra. "Le Cri du Coeur > Overview". AllMovie. Retrieved 2008-07-13.
- Berardinelli, James (1995). "Review: The Cry of the Heart". ReelViews. Retrieved 2008-07-13.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.