The Mark (1961 film)
File:The Mark (film).jpg|
Theatrical poster to The Mark
|Directed by||Guy Green|
Charles E. Israel (novel)
|Edited by||Peter Taylor|
- This page refers to the film. For the Left Behind book, go to The Mark (Left Behind).
The Mark is a 1961 film which tells the story of a convicted child molester, now out of prison, who is suspected in the molestation and beating of another child. The picture stars Stuart Whitman, Maria Schell, Rod Steiger and Brenda De Banzie.
Jim Fuller is released from prison after serving time for intent to commit child molestation. He attempts to return to society while dealing with his psychological demons with the help of a psychiatrist, Dr. McNally.
After finding employment, Jim begins a romantic relationship with the company's secretary, Ruth Leighton, and appears to be on the way to a better life. But when a child is reported as a possible abuse victim, Jim is picked up for questioning by the police. He has an alibi and is cleared, but a reporter publicizes Jim's previous conviction and his presence in the company and community is no longer wanted.
- Stuart Whitman as Jim Fuller
- Rod Steiger as Dr. Edmund McNally
- Maria Schell as Ruth Leighton
- Brenda De Banzie as Gertrude Cartwright
- Donald Houston as Austin
- Donald Wolfit as Andrew Clive
- Paul Rogers as Roy Milne
- Maurice Denham as Arnold Cartwright
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.