The Observatory (journal)
Editors of The Observatory (United Kingdom)
The Observatory is a publication, variously described as a journal, a magazine and a review, devoted to astronomy. It appeared regularly starting in 1877, and it is now published every two months.
Although it is not published by the Royal Astronomical Society, it publishes the reports of their meetings. Other features are the extensive book reviews and "Here and There", a collection of misprints and ridiculous statements of astronomical interest.
- Arthur Eddington (1913–19)
- Harold Spencer Jones (1915–23)
- Richard van der Riet Woolley (1933–39)
- William McCrea (1935–37)
- Margaret Burbidge (1948–51)
- Antony Hewish (1957–61)
- Donald Lynden-Bell (1967–69)
- Carole Jordan (1968–73)
- Jocelyn Bell Burnell (1973–76)
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found. Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.