The Return of Monte Cristo
|The Return of Monte Cristo|
|Directed by||Henry Levin|
story by Curt Siodmak|
|Distributed by||Columbia Pictures|
The grandson of the Count of Monte Cristo is falsely accused of a crime and imprisoned on Devil's Island. He escapes and seeks revenge against those responsible for his imprisonment.
Reviews were positive. Edward Small announced plans to star Louis Hayward in The Treasure of Monte Cristo but no film resulted. (There were films called The Treasure of Monte Cristo released in 1949 and 1961 but not from Small.)
- Bernard Dick, The Merchant Prince of Poverty Row : Harry Cohn of Columbia Pictures Lexington, Ky. : University Press of Kentucky, c1993. p 135
- PARAMOUNT BUYS HARVESTING STORY: Studio Will Produce Houston Branch's 'The Big Haircut' --Lead to Alan Ladd Special to THE NEW YORK TIMES.. New York Times (1923-Current file) [New York, N.Y] 11 May 1946: 34.
- Return of Monte Cristo' Exciting Drama Scott, John L. Los Angeles Times (1923-Current File) [Los Angeles, Calif] 15 Jan 1947: A2.
- Again, Monte Cristo! Beery Jr. Joins 'Scout' Schallert, Edwin. Los Angeles Times (1923-Current File) [Los Angeles, Calif] 15 June 1948: 22.
- SMALL PLANS FILM ON 'MONTE CRISTO': Seeks Louis Hayward for Lead in Movie on Dumas Hero -- Beloin Doing Hope Script By THOMAS F. BRADYSpecial to THE NEW YORK TIMES.. New York Times (1923-Current file) [New York, N.Y] 15 June 1948: 33.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.