The Sporting Lover
|The Sporting Lover|
|Directed by||Alan Hale|
|Based on||play Good Luck by Ian Hay|
The Sporting Lover is a 1926 American sports romance film directed by Alan Hale and starring Conway Tearle, Barbara Bedford and Ward Crane. It was based on the British play Good Luck by Ian Hay.
During the First World War an American officer and a British aristocrat fall in love but are separated. After the war he returns to find her engaged to another man. The issue is settled by a bet on The Derby horse race.
- Conway Tearle - Captain Terrance Connaughton
- Barbara Bedford - Lady Gwendolyn
- Ward Crane - Captain Sir Phillip Barton
- Arthur Rankin - Algernon Cravens
- Charles McHugh - Paddy O'Brien - Connaughton's Servant
- Johnny Fox - Aloysius Patrick O'Brien - Paddy's Son
- Bodil Rosing - Nora O'Brien
- George Ovey - Jockey
- THRILLS AT AMBASSADOR The Washington Post (1923-1954) [Washington, D.C] 04 July 1926: F2.
- ""THE SPORTING LOVER.".". The Advertiser (Adelaide, SA : 1889 - 1931) (Adelaide, SA: National Library of Australia). 9 December 1926. p. 9. Retrieved 15 June 2013.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found. Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.