The Studios is a television studio complex at MediaCityUK in Greater Manchester. The complex contains seven high-definition studios, claimed by Peel Media to be the largest such facility in Europe. The largest studio has an area of Script error: No such module "convert"., making it one of the biggest in western Europe. Fitting began in 2010 at a cost of £22 million, in time for the BBC's move in summer 2011. The seven studios vary in size; the large studios are on the ground floor, and the smaller studios on the first floor. The larger of the two audio studios, sitting on hydraulic jacks to insulate it from noise generated in the surrounding studios, is dedicated to the BBC Philharmonic Orchestra. The studio block contains offices and the glass-fronted, 16-storey Holiday Inn hotel.
Programmes filmed at The Studios include:
- "Studios – MediaCityUK", mediacityuk.co.uk, retrieved 19cJuly 2011 Check date values in:
- "Media City, Salford: This is the BBC", building.co.uk, 18 September 2009, retrieved 20 July 2011
- "Peel Media secures £22m funding for MediaCityUK studios", Manchester Evening News, 16 February 2011, retrieved 6 August 2011
- "MediaCityUK background briefing" (PDF), MediaCityUK, retrieved 6 August 2011
- Manchester MediaCityUK, retrieved 10 August 2011