The Walls of Malapaga
|The Walls of Malapaga|
Original French film poster
|Directed by||René Clément|
|Produced by||Alfredo Guarini|
Pierre Bost (adaptation and dialogue)
Suso Cecchi d'Amico
Alfredo Guarini (screenplay)
|Music by||Roman Vlad|
|Edited by||Mario Serandrei|
MGM (1949 Italian release)|
Films International (1950 US release)
16 November 1949
26 March 1950
France: 95 mins|
Italy: 104 minutes
United States: 89 minutes
The Walls of Malapaga (Italian: Le mura di Malapaga, French: Au-delà des grilles (Beyond the Gates)), is a 1949 Franco-Italian film co-production made by Francinex and Italia Produzione. It was directed by René Clément and produced by Alfredo Guarini from a screenplay by Cesare Zavattini, Suso Cecchi d'Amico and Alfredo Guarini adapted by Jean Aurenche and Pierre Bost. The music score was by Roman Vlad and the cinematography by Louis Page.
Gabin is a French criminal, Pierre Arrignon, on the run who finds himself in Genoa, Italy, and falls in love with a local girl, Marta Manfredini (played by Isa Miranda). The film is set in Italy but the dialogue is primarily in French.
- Jean Gabin as Pierre Arrignon
- Isa Miranda as Marta Manfredini
- Vera Talchi as Cecchina, Marta's daughter
- Andrea Checchi as Giuseppe, Marta's husband
- Robert Dalban as the mariner
- Ave Ninchi as Maria, the neighbour
- Checco Rissone as the forger
- Renato Malavasi as the dentist
- Carlo Tamberlani as the inspector
- Vittorio Duse as the agent
- "Festival de Cannes: The Walls of Malapaga". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 2009-01-09.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found. Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.