The Whole Truth (TV series)
|The Whole Truth|
|Created by||Tom Donaghy|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||13  (list of episodes)|
|Running time||42 minutes|
Jerry Bruckheimer Television|
Warner Bros. Television
|Distributor||Warner Bros. Television Distribution|
|Original release||September 22 – December 1, 2010|
The Whole Truth is an American legal drama series that ran on ABC from September 22, 2010, to December 1, 2010. Episodes aired on Wednesdays at 10:00 pm ET/9:00 pm CT. The show, which starred Rob Morrow and Maura Tierney, chronicled legal cases from the points of view of both the prosecution and the defense; it was set in New York City and shot in Los Angeles.
ABC canceled The Whole Truth, in October after four episodes had aired. Initially it planned to air the remaining episodes. Two months later, the network pulled the show from its schedule with seven episodes unaired. The unaired episodes later aired on the Nine Network in Australia and in the Netherlands on NET 5 in 2012.
- Rob Morrow as Jimmy Brogan
- Maura Tierney as Kathryn Peale
- Eamonn Walker as Sr. ADA Terrence "Edge" Edgecomb
- Sean Wing as Chad Griffin
- Anthony Ruivivar as Alejo Salazar
- Christine Adams as Lena Boudreaux
When ABC announced its 2010 fall schedule in May 2010, The Whole Truth was set to star Morrow and Joely Richardson in the two lead roles. Richardson filmed the original pilot After the show was picked up, Richardson dropped out for personal reasons and was replaced by Maura Tierney, who went on to re-film all the Katie Peale scenes from the pilot. Tierney took on the role in addition to her recurring role on Rescue Me.
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date|| Production
| U.S. viewers|
Before the show's premiere, Matthew Gilbert of The Boston Globe said, "Having seen the original Richardson pilot, which was re-filmed to add in Tierney, I can tell you that Tierney saves the show from near worthlessness. She brings a passion, a finely gauged sense of humor, and a strong chemistry with costar Rob Morrow that were missing before." In general, though, the show has received mixed reviews, with Metacritic assigning it a score of 57.
According to Joe Flint of the Los Angeles Times, the "solid" ratings of the second-season premiere of Modern Family and "disappointing numbers" for the second-season premiere of Cougar Town were followed by "just 4.9 million" viewers for The Whole Truth. In comparison, the legal comedy-drama The Defenders, in the same time slot as The Whole Truth, was the "highest-rated new show for the night, with 12.1 million viewers."
- ABC Pulls 'The Whole Truth' From Its Schedule, TV By the Numbers, December 6, 2010
- "L.A. gets a bite of the Big Apple". Company Town (blog) (Los Angeles Times). August 3, 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-04.
- "ABC Announces Fall Premiere Dates". The Futon Critic. July 8, 2010. Retrieved July 31, 2010.
- Hanh Nguyen (May 18, 2010). "ABC's fall TV schedule, night by night". Zap2it. Retrieved May 18, 2010.
- "Maura Tierney In Talks For ABC's 'Truth'". Deadline.com. May 27, 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-04.
- ABC Cancels "The Whole Truth", Entertainment Weekly, October 25, 2010
- David Knox (April 26, 2012). "Airdate: The Whole Truth". TV Tonight. Retrieved June 11, 2012.
- "Net 5 episode 1-5 source". Retrieved July 28, 2012.
- "The Whole Truth Cast & Details". TVGuide.com.
- "ABC announces lineup, picks up 6 new shows". South Florida Sun-Sentinel. May 18, 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-04.
- "Maura Tierney Set For 'The Whole Truth'". Deadline.com. June 11, 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-04.
- Gilbert, Matthew (September 22, 2010). "Tierney makes ‘The Whole Truth’ worth seeking". The Boston Globe. Retrieved 2010-09-25.
- Flint, Joe (September 23, 2010). "Ratings roundup: ABC's Modern Family shines but Whole Truth is ugly". Show Tracker (Los Angeles Times). Retrieved 2010-09-25.