This Above All (film)
|This Above All|
|Directed by||Anatole Litvak|
|Produced by||Darryl F. Zanuck|
Eric Knight (novel)|
R. C. Sherriff
|Music by||Alfred Newman|
|Edited by||Walter Thompson|
|Distributed by||20th Century Fox|
This Above All is a 1942 American romance film set in World War II adapted from the Eric Knight novel of the same name, directed by Anatole Litvak, and starring Tyrone Power and Joan Fontaine as a couple from different social classes who fall in love in wartime England. The supporting cast features Thomas Mitchell, Nigel Bruce, and Gladys Cooper.
- Tyrone Power as Clive Briggs
- Joan Fontaine as Prudence Cathaway
- Thomas Mitchell as Monty
- Henry Stephenson as General Cathaway
- Nigel Bruce as Ramsbottom
- Gladys Cooper as Aunt Iris
- Philip Merivale as Dr. Roger Cathaway
Richard Day, Joseph C. Wright, and Thomas Little won the Academy Award for Best Art Direction, Black-and-White. The film was also nominated for Cinematography (Arthur Miller), Editing (Walter Thompson), and Sound Recording (E. H. Hansen).
- "The 15th Academy Awards (1943) Nominees and Winners". oscars.org. Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- "NY Times: This Above All". NY Times. Retrieved 2008-12-14.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found. Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.