Thunder in the City
|Thunder in the City|
File:Thunder in the City 1937 poster.jpg|
1937 Theatrical Poster
|Directed by||Marion Gering|
Alexander Esway (producer)|
Richard Vernon (assistant producer)
Robert E. Sherwood (screenplay) &|
Aben Kandel (screenplay) &
Ákos Tolnay (screenplay)
Jack E. Jewell (scenario)
Dudley Storrick (additional dialogue)
|Music by||Miklós Rózsa|
|Edited by||Arthur Hilton|
87 minutes (USA)|
88 minutes (UK)
|20px||This section requires expansion. (August 2011)|
An American salesman with radically successful methods visits England ostensibly to learn a more dignified manner of salesmanship. He is mistaken for a millionaire by a cash-poor family of noble ancestry with a stately home to sell which he can't afford to buy. But by working with them instead he finds romance and equal success in business with his old marketing techniques.
- Edward G. Robinson as Daniel "Dan" Armstrong
- Luli Deste as Lady Patricia "Pat" Graham
- Nigel Bruce as Duke Of Glenavon
- Constance Collier as Duchess Of Glenavon
- Ralph Richardson as Henry V. Manningdale
- Arthur Wontner as Sir Peter "Pete" Challoner
- Nancy Burne as Edna, the Singer
- Annie Esmond as Lady Challoner
- Cyril Raymond as James
- Elizabeth Inglis as Dolly
- James Carew as Mr. Snyderling
- Everley Gregg as Millie, Dan's Secretary in New York
- Donald Calthrop as Dr. Plumet, the Chemist
- Billy Bray as Bill, the Pianist
- "Pomp and Circumstance March No.1 in D" (Music by Edward Elgar, words ("Land of Hope and Glory") by Arthur C. Benson)
- Billy Bray and Nancy Burne - "She Was Poor But She Was Honest"
- "For He's a Jolly Good Fellow" (Traditional)
- Billy Bray and Nancy Burne - "Magnelite"
- Stockholders - "Magnelite"
- Stockholders - "Auld Lang Syne" (Scottish traditional music, lyrics by Robert Burns)
- Thunder in the City at the Internet Movie Database
- Thunder in the City is available for free download at the Internet Archive
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found. Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.