Tiree Airport (Scottish Gaelic: Port-adhair Thiriodh) (IATA: TRE, ICAO: EGPU) is located Script error: No such module "convert". north northeast of Balemartine on the island of Tiree in the Inner Hebrides off the west coast of Scotland. It is owned and maintained by Highlands and Islands Airports Limited.
The airfield is the former Royal Air Force Station Tiree which was requisitioned in 1940 and became operational in April 1942 before being transferred to Ministry of Civil Aviation in 1947.
The following units were based at RAF Tiree at some point:
- No. 224 Squadron RAF.
- No. 281 Squadron RAF.
- No. 304 Squadron RAF.
- No. 518 Squadron RAF.
- 819 Naval Air Squadron.
- 845 Naval Air Squadron.
- 1840 Naval Air Squadron.
Airlines and destinations
- Jefford, C.G, MBE, BA, RAF (Retd). RAF Squadrons, a Comprehensive Record of the Movement and Equipment of all RAF Squadrons and their Antecedents since 1912. Shrewsbury, Shropshire, UK: Airlife Publishing, 1988. ISBN 1-84037-141-2.
- Map sources for Tiree Airport