Journals

Conferences

Open Access Articles- Top Results for Tirosh

Tirosh

Tirosh

Coordinates: 31°44′58.56″N 34°53′11.39″E / 31.7496000°N 34.8864972°E / 31.7496000; 34.8864972Coordinates: 31°44′58.56″N 34°53′11.39″E / 31.7496000°N 34.8864972°E / 31.7496000; 34.8864972{{#coordinates:31|44|58.56|N|34|53|11.39|E|type:city |primary |name=

}}
Council Mateh Yehuda
Region Shephelah
Affiliation Hapoel HaMizrachi
Founded 1955
Founded by North African Jews
Population (2008) 419[1]

Tirosh (Hebrew: תִּירוֹשׁ, lit. Grape juice) is a moshav in central Israel. Located between Beit Shemesh and Kiryat Malakhi, it falls under the jurisdiction of Mateh Yehuda Regional Council. In 2006 it had a population of 436.

The village was established in 1955 by immigrants from North Africa on land which had formerly belonged to the depopulated Palestinian Arab village of 'Ajjur. Its name is derived from the fact that there are many vineyards in the area.

Just outside the village is the reported location of a storage facility for nuclear weapons.[2]

References