Transkei National Independence Party
Transkei National Independence Party was a political party in the bantustan of Transkei, South Africa. The party advocated cooperation with the South African government. As of 1985, the leader of the party was George Matanzima. TNIP governed Transkei from 1976 until 1994.
Transkei Election Results
- 1973: TNIP won 25 out of 43 elected seats (a further 64 seats were filled by chiefs appointed ex-officio by the government)
- 1976: TNIP won 69 out of 75 seats
- 1981: TNIP won 74 out of 75 seats
- Jacqueline Audrey Kalley; Elna E. Schoeman; Lydia Eve Andor (1999). Southern African Political History: A Chronology of Key Political Events from Independence to Mid-1997. Westport, Connecticut, USA: Greenwood Publishing Group. pp. 396, 419. ISBN 9780313302473.
- Hela Världen i Fakta '86 (World of Facts '86). Stockholm, Sweden: Bonnier Group. 1985. p. 257.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.