|Team||San Francisco 49ers|
|Date of birth||02/14/1964|
|Alma mater||Bemidji State University|
|Team(s) as a coach/administrator|
Trent John Baalke (// BAHL-kee) (born February 14, 1964) is the General Manager of the San Francisco 49ers, an American football team in the National Football League (NFL). He was officially named General Manager in January 2011, though he had been responsible for the duties of a general manager since Scot McCloughan's departure from the team in March 2010. He was first hired by the 49ers in 2005 as their Western Region Scout, and three years later was promoted to Director of Player Personnel, a position largely responsible for overseeing the team's college scouting operations. Baalke was chosen to lead the 49ers in the 2010 NFL Draft, in place of McCloughan, and a month later was given the title of Vice President of Player Personnel. His official promotion to General Manager came shortly after the firing of Mike Singletary as head coach of the 49ers, in anticipation of needing an official GM to lure Jim Harbaugh away from Stanford for the vacant coaching position.
Prior to joining the 49ers, Trent Baalke's NFL career included a stint as a scout for the New York Jets from 1998 to 2000, and four years with the Washington Redskins, first as a National Scout and then as College Scouting Coordinator.
In January 2012, Baalke was named PFWA Executive of the Year for the 2011 season, after being credited for transforming a 6-10 team into a 13-3 team in his first season as General Manager. The next month he received a contract extension through 2016.
Following a home game for the 49ers on Thanksgiving Day, 2014, in which the division-rival Seattle Seahawks defeated the 49ers 19-3, Baalke's daughter Cass stirred up a minor scandal when she suggested in a tweet that Offensive Coordinator Greg Roman should be dismissed from the team.
- "Trent Baalke Named 49ers General Manager". 49ers.com. Jan 4, 2011. Retrieved 2013-05-16.
- "Baalke receives promotion to 49ers' VP of player personnel". Associated Press. May 20, 2010. Retrieved 2013-05-16.
- "49ers promote Trent Baalke to GM". ESPN. January 5, 2011. Retrieved 2013-05-16.
- Jason Kirk (Jan 4, 2011). "Jim Harbaugh OKs San Francisco 49ers General Manager Candidates, According To Report". SB Nation. Retrieved 2013-05-16.
- "San Francisco 49ers: Trent Baalke". 49ers.com. Retrieved 2013-05-16.
- Matt Barrows (March 26, 2010). "49ers Blog and Q&A: The Trent Baalke file". The Sacramento Bee. Retrieved 2013-05-16.
- Dan Arkush (Jan 17, 2012). "49ers' Baalke named Executive of the Year". Pro Football Weekly. Retrieved 2012-01-24.
- "49ers extend Baalke's deal". CSN Bay Area. February 10, 2012. Retrieved 2012-02-11.
- Josh Katzowitz (November 28, 2014). "Trent Baalke's daughter rips 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman". CBS Sports. Retrieved 2014-11-28.