Milwaukee Brewers – No. 59
Born: January 24, 1991|
Las Vegas, Nevada
|May 31, 2015 for the Milwaukee Brewers|
(through May 31, 2015)
|Earned run average||12.27|
Wagner played college baseball at the University of Utah for the Utah Utes from 2010 to 2012 as a relief pitcher. As a sophomore in 2011, Wagner set the Utes single-season saves record with 12 and finished his career with a school record 17 saves. Overall, he appeared in 57 games in his three seasons in Utah, going 6–10 with a 2.73 earned run average (ERA) and 90 strikeouts in 99 innings.
Wagner was drafted by the Milwaukee Brewers in the fourth round of the 2012 Major League Baseball Draft. He signed with the Brewers and was converted to a starting pitcher. made his professional debut that season with the Helena Brewers. He struggled posting a 7.77 ERA in 48 2⁄3 innings. Wagner pitched for the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers in 2013 going 10–8 with a 3.21 ERA with 116 strikeouts. He played for the Brevard County Manatees in 2014. He finished the season with 13 wins and a 1.86 ERA. After the regular season, he was promoted to the Double-A Huntsville Stars for the Southern League playoffs.
- "Wagner is a Brewers prospect to follow closely". Milwaukee Brewers. Retrieved June 1, 2015.
- "Utah Local News - Salt Lake City News, Sports, Archive - The Salt Lake Tribune". sltrib.com. Retrieved June 1, 2015.
- "Brewers' farmhand Tyler Wagner leads the way in shutout of Daytona Cubs". News-JournalOnline.com. Retrieved June 1, 2015.
- Carter Williams (August 11, 2014). "Utahns in baseball: Ex-Ute Tyler Wagner wins Brewers' monthly award". DeseretNews.com. Retrieved June 1, 2015.
- Carter Williams (September 7, 2014). "Utahns in baseball: Former Ute Tyler Wagner shines in debut; BYU alum Jake Hannemann’s club close to title". DeseretNews.com. Retrieved June 1, 2015.
- "Milwaukee Brewers prospect Tyler Wagner, Huntsville Stars refuse to go out in Game 4 of Southern League semifinals - Southern League News". Southern League. Retrieved June 1, 2015.
- Tom Haudricourt. "Notes - Miller Park to be first home start for Class AA pitcher Tyler Wagner". jsonline.com. Retrieved June 1, 2015.
- Tom Haudricourt. "Tyler Wagner sent out; Tyler Cravy called up". jsonline.com. Retrieved June 1, 2015.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or Baseball-Reference, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
- Utah Utes bio