UEFA competitions, also referred to by the mass media as European football, are the set of competitions organised by the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA), generally in professional and amateur association football and futsal. The term was established by the Confederation to differentiate the tournaments under its administration from other international competitions held in Europe between 1960 and 1990 such as Inter-Cities Fairs Cup, Karl Rappan Cup, Cup of the Alps and Mitropa Cup, tournaments until now not recognised by the entity. The Confederation is the only organization with legal interference on these tournaments and employs exclusively results in their competitions to communicate official records and statistics at the confederation level, setting combined values in interclub football.
The only team to have won every club competition is Juventus of Italy, while the Italian, German, Spanish and French men's national teams are only ones to have won the European football championship in all categories prior to the creation of the UEFA Nations League in 2014.
UEFA sanctioned tournaments
For national teams
- UEFA European Championship, European football's premier competition, established in 1960.
- UEFA European Under-21 Championship, established in 1978.
- UEFA European Under-19 Championship, established in 1948.
- UEFA European Under-17 Championship, established in 1982.
- UEFA Women's Championship, European football's premier competition, established in 1984.
- UEFA Women's Under-19 Championship, established in 1997.
- UEFA Women's Under-17 Championship, established in 2007.
- UEFA Futsal Championship, established in 1996.
- UEFA Champions League, European football's premier club competition, established in 1955 and reorganised in 1992.
- UEFA Europa League, European football's second football club competition, established in 1971 and reorganised in 2009.
- UEFA Super Cup, the previous seasons winners of the Europa League and the Champions League. Previously played between the European Champions' Cup and Cup Winners Cup winners.
- UEFA Youth League, established in 2013.
- UEFA Regions' Cup, established in 1999.
- UEFA Women's Champions League, Europe's premier women's football club competition, established in 2001 and reorganised in 2009.
- UEFA Futsal Cup, established in 2001 for replace the Futsal European Clubs Championship.
For national teams