University B.T. & Evening College
|University B.T. & Evening College|
|Principal||Dr. Chanchal Kr. Mondal|
|Location||Cooch Behar, India|
|Affiliations||University of North Bengal, NCTE|
University B.T. & Evening College is an undergraduate, co-educational college situated in Cooch Behar, West Bengal. It was established in 1968 and offers Bachelor's degree in Arts (B.A.) and Bachelors of Education (B. Ed.). The college is affiliated to University of North Bengal and accredited as B by NAAC.
The college was started as a teacher's training institute as a constituent college of University of North Bengal in 1968 under the guidance of then Vice-Chancellor Prof. A.C. Roy. It was started from Cooch Behar Ucchcha Madhyamik Vidaylaya at Madan Mohan Colony, Kalighat Road. The college was shifted to the present site in 1972 on rent. Later on, the land and buildings were handed over to the college. Later degree courses were started in the evening to help the working students. However, keeping with the modern trends, all the courses are conducted during day.
- B.A.(General & Hons): Honours: Bengali, English, Geography
- B.Com.(General & Honours): Honours: Accountancy
- B.Ed. : Bengali, English History, Mathematics and Geography
- "NAAC Accredited Colleges in West Bengal". NAAC. Retrieved 2009-05-03.[dead link]
- "University B.T. & Evening College NAAC Report". NAAC. Retrieved 2009-05-03.[dead link]