Uttarpara (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
|Vidhan Sabha constituency|
|Country||Template:Country data India|
|Lok Sabha constituency||27. Sreerampur|
|Electorate (year)||216,312 (2011)|
As per orders of the Delimitation Commission, No. 185 Uttarpara (Vidhan Sabha constituency) is composed of the following: Uttarpara-Kotrang municipality, Konnagar municipality Nabagram, Kanaipur, Raghunathpur gram panchayats of Sreerampur-Uttarpara community development block.
|West Bengal assembly elections, 2011: Uttarpara |
|AITMC gain from CPI(M)||Swing||25.23#|
.# Swing calculated on Congress+Trinamool Congress vote percentages taken together in 2006.
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||1||11px12|
|Marxist Forward Bloc||0||11px1|
Note: New constituencies – 1, constituencies abolished – 2
In the 2006 state assembly elections, Prof. Dr. Srutinath Praharaj of CPI(M) won the Uttarpara assembly seat defeating Sudpita Roy of Trinamool Congress. Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. Prof. Swaraj Mukherjee of Trinamool Congress defeated Jyoti Krishna Chattopadhyay of CPI(M) in 2001. Jyoti Krishna Chattopadhyay of CPI(M) defeated Pabitra Gupta of Congress in 1996. Santasri Chatterjee of CPI(M) defeated Jagat Chatterjee of Congress 1991 and 1987, Sukumar Ghosh of Congress in 1982, and Kashinath Banerjee of Janata Party in 1977.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18 dated 15 February 2006" (PDF). Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2010-12-01.
- "Uttarpara". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-17.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Uttarpara. Empowering India. Retrieved 2011-05-01.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011" (PDF). Uttarpara. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-01.
- "179 - Uttarpara Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-12-01.
- "Statistical Reports of Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-12-01.