Adverts

Open Access Articles- Top Results for Wa%27arat al-Sarris

Wa'arat al-Sarris

Wa'arat al-Sarris
Arabic وعرة السرّيس
Subdistrict Haifa
Coordinates

32°48′50.2″N 35°07′07.85″E / 32.813944°N 35.1188472°E / 32.813944; 35.1188472Coordinates: 32°48′50.2″N 35°07′07.85″E / 32.813944°N 35.1188472°E / 32.813944; 35.1188472{{#coordinates:32|48|50.2|N|35|07|07.85|E|type:city_region:IL |primary |name=

}}
Palestine grid 161/245
Population 190 (1945)
Date of depopulation unknown[1]

Wa'arat al-Sarris (Arabic: وعرة السرّيس‎) was a Palestinian Arab village in the Haifa Subdistrict. It was depopulated during the 1947–1948 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine on April 16, 1948 under Operation Bi'ur Chametz. The village was located 11 km east of Haifa.

In 1945 it had a population of 190.

References

  1. ^ Morris, 2004, p. xvii, village #381. Morris gives both date and cause of depopulation as "Not known".

Bibliography

</dl>

External links


Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.