Adverts

Open Access Articles- Top Results for Wadi Qabbani

Wadi Qabbani

Wadi Qabbani
Arabic وادي قباني
Subdistrict Tulkarm
Coordinates

32°21′43.70″N 34°55′07.75″E / 32.3621389°N 34.9188194°E / 32.3621389; 34.9188194Coordinates: 32°21′43.70″N 34°55′07.75″E / 32.3621389°N 34.9188194°E / 32.3621389; 34.9188194{{#coordinates:32|21|43.70|N|34|55|07.75|E|type:city_region:IL |primary |name=

}}
Palestine grid 142/196
Population 320 (1945)
Area 9,812 dunams
Date of depopulation Not known[1]

Wadi Qabbani (Arabic: وادي قباني‎), also known as Khirbat ash Sheik Husein (Arabic: خربة الشيخ حسين‎) was a Palestinian Arab village in the Tulkarm Subdistrict. It was probably depopulated during the 1947–48 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine on March 1, 1948 as part of Operation Coastal Clearing. It was located 12 km northwest of Tulkarm.

In 1945, the village had a total population of 320. The Khirbat al-Shaykh Husayn is located in the village, which had artifacts dating to the Roman period.

References

  1. ^ Morris, 2004, p. xviii, village #186. Gives both date and cause of depopulation as "Not known"

Bibliography

</dl>

External links

Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.