Warner Bros. Games Montréal
|Subsidiary of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment|
Computer and video games
|Headquarters||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Martin Tremblay, Martin Carrier, Reid Schneider|
|Products||Batman: Arkham Origins|
Number of employees
|Parent||Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment|
WB Games Montréal was founded in 2010 by Martin Tremblay, Martin Carrier, and Reid Schneider. The studio is currently owned by Warner Bros.. One of the studio's titles, Batman: Arkham Origins was displayed for the public at the 2013 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), and received two nominations from the Game Critics Awards for Best Action/Adventure Game and Best Console Game. The game was also recognized at the event for: "Best Videogame" by Forbes; "Best Action Game" by Game Informer; "Best Comic Book-Related Game" by Newsarama; and "Best Xbox 360 Game" by IGN. Upon Batman: Arkham Origins's release it received positive reviews, but was heavily criticized for not advancing the series and merely replicating Arkham City's gameplay. In addition, the company received a significant amount of criticism for failing to conduct proper testing on the game prior to release as well as refusing to address a number of game-breaking bugs that plagued the title, instead preferring to focus on the development and release of paid DLC.
|2012||Batman: Arkham City – Armored Edition||No||No||No||Yes||No||No|
|2013||Batman: Arkham Origins||No||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|2014||Lego Legends of Chima Online||Yes||No||Yes||No||No||No|
- IGN (November 18, 2012). "WB Games -- Montreal". IGN. Retrieved August 27, 2013.
- Tami (November 1, 2011). "Official Inauguration of Warner Bros Games Montreal". VillageGamer. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- "2013 Nominees". Game Critics Awards. 2013. Archived from the original on June 26, 2013. Retrieved June 26, 2013.
- Pinchefsky, Carol (June 16, 2013). "The Best (And Worst) Of E3 2013". Forbes. Archived from the original on June 26, 2013. Retrieved June 26, 2013.
- Bertz, Matt (June 17, 2013). "Game Informer's Best Of E3 2013 Awards". Game Informer. GameStop. Retrieved June 26, 2013.
- Siegel, Lucas (June 14, 2013). "Newsarama's E3 2013 Best Of Show Selections". Archived from the original on June 26, 2013. Retrieved June 26, 2013.
- "IGN's Best of E3 2013 Awards". IGN. J2 Global. June 11, 2013. Retrieved June 11, 2013.
- Petit, Carolyn. "Holy predictability, Batman!".
- Maiburg, Emanuel. "Batman: Arkham Origins has no plans to fix several game breaking bugs".
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.