|No. 68, 70, 72|
|Date of birth:||February 10, 1971|
|Place of birth:||Haines City, Florida|
|Height:||Script error: No such module "convert".|
|Weight:||Script error: No such module "convert".|
|High school:||Haines City (FL)|
|NFL draft:||1994 / Round: 1 / Pick: 15|
|Career highlights and awards|
Career Template:If empty statistics
|Stats at NFL.com|
|Stats at pro-football-reference.com|
Wayne Lamar Gandy (born February 10, 1971) is a former American college and professional football player who was an offensive tackle in the National Football League (NFL) for fifteen seasons. He played college football for Auburn University, and earned All-American honors. He was drafted by the Los Angeles Rams in first round of the 1994 NFL Draft, and he also played professionally for the Pittsburgh Steelers, New Orleans Saints and Atlanta Falcons of the NFL.
Gandy attended Auburn University, where he played for coach Pat Dye and coach Terry Bowden's Auburn Tigers football teams from 1990 to 1993. As a senior, he was a member of the undefeated 1993 Auburn Tigers football team, and was recognized as a consensus first-team All-American.
Gandy spent four seasons with the Pittsburgh Steelers from 1999 to 2002.
On March 2, 2003, Gandy signed a six-year deal with New Orleans Saints. After three seasons with the Saints, he was traded to the Atlanta Falcons on April 7, 2006 for safety Bryan Scott and a draft pick.
For the 2007 season, Gandy was named as one of the Falcons' team captains. On October 7 against the Tennessee Titans, Gandy suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee, causing him to miss the remainder of the season.
- National Football League, Historical Players, Wayne Gandy. Retrieved February 10, 2012.
- databaseFootball.com, Players, Wayne Gandy. Retrieved February 10, 2012.
- Pro Football Hall of Fame, Draft History, 1994 National Football League Draft. Retrieved February 10, 2012.
- Pro-Football-Reference.com, Players, Wayne Gandy. Retrieved February 10, 2012.
- Ledbetter, D. Orlando (2007-10-08). "Gandy suffers torn ACL, likely out for season". Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Archived from the original on 2007-10-11. Retrieved 2007-10-08.