|Westchester Knicks logo|
|League||NBA Development League|
|Arena||Westchester County Center|
|Location||White Plains, New York|
Blue, Orange, White, Silver |
|Head coach||Kevin Whitted|
|Ownership||The Madison Square Garden Company (New York Knicks)|
New York Knicks |
|Division / Conference titles||0|
The Westchester Knicks is an American professional basketball team of the NBA Development League and is an affiliate of the New York Knicks in the National Basketball Association. Based in Westchester County, New York, the Knicks play their home games at Westchester County Center in White Plains.
The Knicks had filed for trademarks for five possible names: New York 914s, New York 'Bockers, New York Plainsmen, New York Empire, and New York Hutch. On May 14, 2014, the Westchester Knicks name and logo were announced; in addition to retaining the parent club's "Knicks" name, the Knicks have also incorporated the original "Father Knickerbocker" logo (drawn by Willard Mullin) which was in use by the parent Knicks from the team's founding in 1946 until 1964.
On September 3, 2014 Westchester acquired 16 players on the 2014 NBA Development League Expansion Draft. On October 13 Kevin Whitted was named as the first coach of Westchester. On November 1, in the 2014 NBA D-League Draft, the Westchester Knicks made second-round guard Joseph Bertrand their first ever selection. On November 16 they made their regular season debut in an 84-91 loss against the local Oklahoma City Blue. Three days later they made their home debut, again losing, this time against the Canton Charge on an 84-88 affair. Their first win came on November 21 against the Grand Rapids Drive in their third game, which they won by 97-83 at home.
On March 30, 2015, the Knicks announced via Twitter that head coach Kevin Whitted was relieved of his duties and that assistant coach Craig Hodges would serve as the interim head coach for the final week of the 2014-15 season.  The Knicks were 10-36 at the time for Whitted's firing, which was second worst in the Development League. Whitted became the first head coach to be fired in franchise history.
Season By Season
|Season||Division||Regular Season||Postseason Results|
|Regular Season Record||10||40||.200||2014–2015|
Westchester Knicks roster
- New York Knicks (2014–present)
- "NBA D-League Expands to 18 as Knicks Purchase Team". NBA Development League. March 10, 2014. Retrieved March 10, 2014.
- Knicks File For Trademarks On Five Potential D-League Team Names
- "Knicks Reveal Name of New NBA D-League Team: 'Westchester Knicks'". Westchester Knicks. May 14, 2014. Retrieved May 14, 2014.
- WESTCHESTER KNICKS ACQUIRE RIGHTS TO 16 PLAYERS IN EXPANSION DRAFT
- KEVIN WHITTED NAMED WESTCHESTER KNICKS HEAD COACH
- WESTCHESTER KNICKS SELECT SIX PLAYERS IN 2014 NBADL DRAFT
- Westchester Knicks Drop Season Opener 91-84
- Westchester Knicks Lose 88-84
- WESTCHESTER KNICKS NOTCH FIRST-EVER FRANCHISE WIN
- "Knicks Call Up Langston Galloway from Westchester Affiliate". NBA.com. January 7, 2015. Retrieved January 7, 2015.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found. Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.