Church of St Augustine at Woodston
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament|| [[East of England (European Parliament constituency)#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.East of England]]
|primary |name= }} Woodston is a largely residential area of the city of Peterborough, Cambridgeshire in the United Kingdom. For electoral purposes it forms part of Fletton ward in North West Cambridgeshire constituency.
Situated south of the River Nene, the area was historically part of Huntingdonshire, rather than the Soke of Peterborough in Northamptonshire. The civil parish of Woodston was divided under the provisions of the Local Government Act 1894 into Woodston Rural parish (of 984 acres) and Woodston Urban parish (70 acres). In 1905 Woodston Rural became part of Old Fletton Urban District and Woodston Urban became part of Peterborough Municipal Borough. The ecclesiastical parish of Saint Augustine of Canterbury in the Diocese of Ely remained undivided; although this has now been placed under the pastoral care of the Bishop of Peterborough, acting as Assistant Bishop in the Diocese of Ely. Woodston cemetery, which opened on New Road in 1882, is closed for new burials.
Until 2008, Woodston was the home of white goods manufacturer Hotpoint, a subsidiary of the General Electric Company from 1929 until its dissolution in 1989. Established in 1911, Hotpoint is now owned by the Italian Indesit Company S.p.A.; its former Redring subsidiary, which is still based here, is now a brand of Applied Energy Products Ltd., alongside Creda and Xpelair. British Sugar remains headquartered on Oundle Road, although the sugar beet factory which opened in 1926 was closed in 1991. SodaStream was based in the area until 2003 and Pedigree Petfoods, a division of Mars Ltd., opened a factory on Shrewsbury Avenue 1974.
Woodston County Primary, Brewster Avenue Infant and St. Augustine's Church of England (Voluntary Aided) Junior schools are located in the area; secondary pupils attend nearby Stanground College, and Nene Park Academy, formally known as Orton Longueville Comprehensive School.
The parish church of St Augustine's dates from Anglo-Saxon times and is a Grade I listed building. 
- Brown, Marion Elizabeth and Benton, Frances Elizabeth Woodston Bits and Bobs (and a Bit of Surrounding Area) BB Books, Peterborough, June 1996
- RELIGION: Bishops bridge boundaries aboard boat Peterborough Evening Telegraph, 2 August 2004
- Bridging the divide in a city Diocese of Ely, Ref. 0471, 29 July 2004
- Peterborough cemeteries Peterborough City Council (retrieved 11 December 2012)
- Dundon, Tara A dark day for staff at the Hotpoint factory Peterborough Evening Telegraph, 28 November 2008
- The History of British Sugar British Sugar (retrieved 5 January 2008)
- "Name: CHURCH OF ST AUGUSTINE List entry Number: 1126964". Historic England. Retrieved 9 April 2015.