Worshipful Company of Carpenters
The Worshipful Company of Carpenters is one of the Livery Companies of the City of London. The Carpenters were traditionally different from a fellow wood-crafting company, the Joiners' and Ceilers' Company, in that the Carpenters utilised nails while the Joiners used adhesives to attach wood.
The organisation existed in 1271; it received a Royal Charter of incorporation in 1477. As is the case with most of the other Livery Companies, the Company no longer has a role as a trade association of tradesmen and craftsmen. Instead, it acts as a charitable institution and supports education in wood-related fields.
The Company ranks twenty-sixth in the order of precedence of Livery Companies. The Company's motto is Honour God. Its guild church is All Hallows-on-the-Wall, where the Company has held its annual elections for over 600 years.
- The Carpenters' Company
- The Carpenters' Company Coat of Arms
- Apprentices' Entry Books 1654-94: records of apprentices entering the company. Originally edited by Bower Marsh for the Company in 1913; here part of British History Online.
- Information and Court/Committee Minute Books 1721-1800 searchable by name at London Lives 
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.