XXII Bomber Command
|XXII Bomber Command|
|Branch||United States Army Air Forces|
|Type||Command and Control|
Began organization for second B-29 Superfortress command in Pacific under Second Air Force. Wings attached but never permanently assigned. Organization never got beyond forming Headquarters echelon and Headquarters squadron. Inactivated before any operational groups assigned, as XX Bomber Command units were reassigned from India to the Marianas, eliminating need for command.
- Constituted as XXII Bomber Command (Very Heavy) on 4 August 1944
- Activated on 14 August 1944
- Disbanded on 13 February 1945.
- Second Air Force, 4 August 1944 – 13 February 1945
- 315th Bombardment Wing, Very Heavy (Attached), c. 14 August-c. 7 December 1944
- 316th Bombardment Wing, Very Heavy (Attached), c. 14 August-c. 7 December 1944
- Maurer, Maurer (1983). Air Force Combat Units Of World War II. Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-89201-092-4.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Portal/images/u' not found.