Adverts

Open Access Articles- Top Results for Yarda, Safad

Yarda, Safad

Yarda
250 px
Well at Yarda
Subdistrict Safad
Coordinates

33°0′27.45″N 35°35′38.40″E / 33.0076250°N 35.5940000°E / 33.0076250; 35.5940000Coordinates: 33°0′27.45″N 35°35′38.40″E / 33.0076250°N 35.5940000°E / 33.0076250; 35.5940000{{#coordinates:33|0|27.45|N|35|35|38.40|E|type:city_region:IL |primary |name=

}}
Palestine grid 205/268
Population 20 (1945)
Current localities Ayyelet ha-Shahar and Mishmar ha-Yarden

Yarda was a Palestinian Arab hamlet in the Safad Subdistrict. It was depopulated during the 1947–48 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine on April 1, 1948 by the Palmach's First Battalion during Operation Yiftach. It was located 10.5 km northeast of Safad. The area is now part of Israel.

In 1931, it had a populatuion of 13, growing to 20 in 1945. The Canaanites referred to the village as Hasur. Khirbat Waqqas was located west-northwest of the village.

References

</dl>

External links

Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.