Yeshwantrao Chavan College of Engineering
|Yeshwantrao Chavan College of Engineering|
|Type||Private Autonomous Institution|
|Principal||Dr. U. P. Waghe|
|Location||Nagpur, Maharashtra, India|
|Affiliations||Nagpur University, DTE , AICTE|
Yeshwantrao Chavan College of Engineering (YCCE) is an Autonomous engineering college under the University of Nagpur, India. It is located in Nagpur city in Hingna (Wana Dongri). The college was established in 1984. It is named after Yashwantrao Chavan, first Chief Minister of Maharashtra state, the past Deputy Prime Minister of India. The principal is Dr. U.P. Waghe. The college got the autonomous status in 2010 making it the first college in the 85 years history of University of Nagpur to get autonomy. The college is run by Nagar Yuwak Shikshan Sanstha of Meghe Group.
YCCE was founded in 1984 by Datta Meghe, a former Parliamentarian and a veteran state leader.
It started with a relatively small campus and only two engineering departments— Civil and Electronics and was affiliated to the Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University. It only had undergraduate programs. The college continued to progress rapidly and by 2001 had seven different departments and offered postgraduate programs as well.
In 2007, YCCE was one of the few colleges from India to be granted funds from the World Bank for further development of its infrastructure under the Technical Education Quality Improvement Fund (TEQIP).
In November 2009, the University Grants Commission conferred YCCE as an autonomous institution affiliated to the Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University.This was in recognition to continuous excellence from the college students in university examinations and availability of infrastructure to sustain independent imparting of engineering education. It was the first privately operated engineering institution in Central India to achieve such a status.
The campus is 14 acres wide.
There is an on-campus boys hostel with all possible amenities. Sports facilities for the college students are present with Basketball, Football, Cricket, Badminton and Gymnasium within the campus.
The main Campus buildings are as follows: - Library and Administration Block - Mechanical Engineering Department - Civil Engineering Department - Electronics Engineering Department - Electrical Engineering Department - Computer Engineering Department - Science Department - Central Computing lab - Workshop - Engineering Drawing Lab - Fluid Engineering Lab - Language Lab - Hostel buildings - Gymnasium - Canteen 1 and Canteen 2
- Admission is done based on the score obtained in 12th standard or JEE Mains exams.
- Common Admissions Process (CAP) conducted by Directorate of Technical Education is used to fill 80% seats of the institute.
- 40% of the CAP seats are reserved for OBC, SC,ST,VJ,NT(A),NT(B),NT(C),NT(D),SBC.
- To improve chances of a career in engineering for women, 30% of all the seats allocated for CAP are reserved for women.
It has consistently been ranked among top engineering colleges in India and Maharashtra.
- Awarded the Sri V.V.R. Seshadri Rao, Gudlavelleru Engineering College National Award for the Best Private Engineering College by the Indian Society for Technical Education.
- Ranked 32nd among private engineering colleges in India by Outlook (magazine).
- Ranked 46th among private engineering colleges in India by Outlook (magazine).
- Rated AAA and placed among top engineering colleges in Maharashtra.
YCCE has tie ups with international universities like Purdue University, University of Massachusetts, Northern Illinois University, Lawrence Technological University, University of Hartford and Arizona State University in USA, Scotland Colleges International in UK and Indian universities like Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat for student/staff exchange/visit programmes, collaborative research and consultancy activities.
The following departments for higher study and research have been in continuous operation since these were established:
|Department name||Year of establishment|
|Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering||2001|
Under Graduate Full Time Courses (General Shift) 
|Courses||Year of starting the course||Intake 2013-14|
|B.E. (Civil Engineering)||1984||180|
|B.E.(Electronics & Telecommunication)||2001||120|
Under Graduate Full Time Courses (Second Shift) 
|Courses||Year of starting the course||Intake 2013-14|
|B.E.(Electronics & Telecommunication)||2012||60|
Post Graduate Full Time Courses 
|Courses||Year of starting the course||Intake 2012-13|
|M.Tech. (Electronics Engineering)||2002||25|
|M.Tech. (Structural Engineering)||2002||25|
|M.Tech. (Pro Engineering)||2002||25|
|M.Tech. (CAD / CAM)||2004||18|
|M.Tech. (Integrated Power System)||2004||18|
|M.Tech. (Computer Science & Engineering)||2010||18|
|M.Tech. (VLSI Design)||2010||18|
|M.Tech. (Communication Engineering)||2010||18|
|M.Tech. (Environmental Engineering)||2011||18|
|M.Tech. (Information Technology)||2012||18|
- College had an intake of 600 students every year till 2012.
- Placements in 2008-09= 365
- Placements in 2009-10= 335
- Placements in 2010-11= 456
- Placements in 2011-12= 427 
|Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering||30|
- Total Academic Staff = 200 (Approx.)
Various college events
- The institute organises an annual cultural and technical event known as YASH. It is considered to be one of the most glamorous events in Central India. It is a week long even with many cultural and technical events and competitions including but not limited to Freshers Day, Fashion Show- Fashionista, Rock concerts, Celebrity shows, Ethnic day, Rose day.
- The following are some of the national level co-curricular competitions held at the college:
- Design competition - Junk Yard competition - Debate competition - Quiz - T-Tycoon - Virtual Investment - Paper presentation etc.
- The hostel also organises a sports month for inter hostel tournaments
YCCE-Siemens Center of Excellence for Digital Manufacturing and Robotics
Under the guidance and direction of the Siemens and AICTE, YCCE-Siemens Center of Excellence for Digital Manufacturing and Robotics was established and was inaugurated by Bharat Ratna A.P.J Abdul Kalam, 11th President of India in December 2013.
- Courses Offered http://www.ycce.edu/?page=programmes_offered
- http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/events/nagpur/Big-budgets-glam-stars-at-college-fests-this-year-in-Nagpur/articleshow/45988180.cms/ Big budgets, glam stars at college fests this year in Nagpur
- http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/events/nagpur/Melange-of-drama-dance-and-talent-at-YCCEs-Yash-at-Nagpur/articleshow/29704565.cms/ Melange of drama, dance and talent at YCCE's Yash at Nagpur
- http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/events/nagpur/Ethnic-oomph-at-YCCEs-traditional-day-organised-in-Nagpur/articleshow/29541224.cms/ Ethnic oomph at YCCE's traditional day organised in Nagpur
- Website: Official website