|This article does not cite any references or sources. (June 2008)|
Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century |
by Marilyn Sadler & Roger Bollen
|Written by||Stu Krieger|
|Directed by||Steve Rash|
|Theme music composer||Kurt Kassulke|
|Country of origin||United States|
Suzanne de Passe
|Running time||81 minutes|
|Production company(s)||de Passe Entertainment|
|Distributor||Buena Vista Domestic Television|
|Original channel||Disney Channel|
|Original release||June 11, 2004|
|Preceded by||Zenon: The Zequel (2001)|
Zenon: Z3 is the third and final installment of the Disney Channel's "Zenon" television film series, following Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century and Zenon: The Zequel. It was released on June 11, 2004 in the U.S. and gathered 1.03 million viewers.
It's 2054 and Zenon Kar is 18 and competing to win the Galactic Teen Supreme contest and celebrate at the Moonstock Festival. Zenon wants to beat handsome competitor Bronley Hale. She also reunites with Moon preservation activist Sage Borealis. Sage is desperate to keep the Moon from being colonized and exploited and wants Zenon's help.
Meanwhile Commander Edward Plank and Aunt Judy Cling's new foster daughter, Dasha, is star struck by Zenon and finds it difficult to stay out of trouble. During the last competition for the Galactic Teen Supreme contest, the moon goddess Selene appears and threatens to destroy the Earth. It's up to Zenon to save everyone from this angry deity.
In the end, Zenon, Sage, Dasha and her friends Margie, Cassie, and Bronley team up to save the day. They evacuate everyone in Protozoa's tour bus and try to remove the Moon Dome, with each taking a hover pod. Unfortunately, the dome is too heavy, until Commander Plank and Aunt Judy show up having been looking for Dasha. They're able to help lift the dome, which they let drift off into space. Selene then destroys the rest of the base and waves goodbye as the friends return to Earth. The wild weather caused by Selene has stopped. In the end, Sage and Zenon kiss, and Protozoa's band Microbe and the new hit band, Cosmic Blush, hold a concert together.
- Kirsten Storms as Zenon Kar
- Lauren Maltby as Margie Hammond
- Rene Hendrickson as Maleah
- Raven-Symoné as Nebula Wade
- Alyson Morgan as Dasha Dean
- Stuart Pankin as Commander Edward Plank
- Holly Fulger as Aunt Judy Cling-Plank
- Glenn McMillan as Bronley Hale
- Ben Easter as Sage Borealis
- Nathan Anderson as Proto Zoa
- Damon Berry as Pat Numbar
- Phumi Mthembu as Cassie
- Joanna Evans as Young Selene
- Carol Reynolds as Selene
- Nikki Joshua as Cosmic Blush
- Soleil Moon Frye as Cosmic Blush Guitar Player (Uncredited)
- This was the first Disney Channel Original Movie to have its own website.
- When the show premiered there was a contest involving finding the hidden Z's in the movie.